Whether you need an extra pair of hands or a specific package of work, Train Maintenance Solutions is here to make your job easier.
Train Maintenance Solutions Limited is a small company offering technical consultancy and contracting services to the rail industry in the field of rail vehicle maintenance and overhaul. We offer a highly flexible and enthusiastic approach and bring extensive technical skills and sound commercial awareness based on twenty-six years’ experience in the UK rail industry. New challenges are approached with a high level of ownership, a focussed attitude and a determination to deliver an appropriate solution quickly and to budget.
Our experience, gained from working with British Rail, Train Operating Companies, Train Manufacturers, Train Maintenance Companies and Technical Engineering Support companies, extends from diesel and electric multiple units, through a variety of rolling stock types, to freight and passenger locomotives.
A sample of the type of projects in which we have been involved is:
- Optimisation of maintenance regimes for Class 156 units
- Investigation into failures of a hydraulic parking brake system and project management of implementation of technical solution
- Project management of a major modification programme on Class 175 DMUs
- C4 Overhaul extension projects on Class 14X and Class 15X DMUs
- Risk assessments and vehicle condition assessments to support the deferral of C6/C6X overhauls on a number of DMU fleets
- Maintenance migration plans and cutover documents to support the transfer of vehicles between maintenance regimes
- Preparation of technical procedure for reforming two-car Class 158 units to three-car units
- Preparation of technical submissions to support the VAB process to cover changes to maintenance plans
- Project management of development of engineering improvements for Class 175 & Class 180 brakes and bogies
- Project management of a reliability improvement programme for a new DMU fleet
- Pan-organisational review of management processes affecting fleet availability
- Rewrite of train operator’s maintenance and overhaul policy to ensure compliance with Railway Group Standards and preparation of a maintenance plan
- Rewrite and upgrade of vehicle maintenance instructions and vehicle overhaul instructions
- Start-up and management of technical department in a new maintenance depot for a new DMU fleet
- Development of an overhaul strategy for a new DMU fleet
- Technical management to support the Level 4 maintenance of Class 142, Class 150, Class 153, Class 156 and Class 158 DMU fleets
- Technical support for the introduction into service of Class 323 EMUs from new
- Translation of tender documentation for high speed trainsets and diesel multiple units for German Railways
- Interpreting during technical visit to Germany of IMechE Railway Division and at commercial meetings with German Railways